- Research analysis of potential telepresence user interface
in an environment with incomplete, imprecise and possibly
- Analysis of existing telematic systems
- Requirements specification for the hybrid telematic
system with emphasis on localization, coordination and cooperative
planning with incomplete, delayed, and vague information.
Design of the PeLoTe system
- Analysis and definition of software architecture and
proposals of benchmark tests for the hybrid telematic
The main goal of this workpackage is to determine the scenarios
for the teleoprated mission of human and robots. The following
scenarios were selected as the most interesting application
of Pelote system:
- Search and rescue
- Tele-maintenance of industrial robots
- Service robots in home environment
- Planetary rovers
- Remote experiments in Tele-education
The sensor for this application were selected:
- Sensors for localization, e.g.
- GPS, ground-based RF beacons
- DRM, odometry sensors
- gyroscope, magnetic compass
- Sensors for obstacle avoidance, e.g.
- tactile sensors / bumpers
- radar / sonar / lidar, ultrasonic sensors, laser
- force sensors / strain gauges
- light enhancing glasses
- Sensors for environment characterization, e.g.
- video camera
- infra-red sensor, microphone
- gas / radiation / fire / smoke detection, temperature
Project documentation can be found at http://labe.felk.cvut.cz/~pelote/downloads.html